Use a square cake tin or a slice tin. The test version I did was in a large baking tray. This is how Mum used to cook it but she did double the recipe for our family!
2 T margarine
3/4 c sugar
1 1/2 c self raising flour
- Beat margarine and sugar until it is creamy.
- Add a well beaten egg
- Then add sifted flour
- Press the mixture onto a greased baking dish.
- Cook in a moderate oven until brown.
Lemon layer ingredients:
1 c water
Juice of 2 lemons
1/2 c sugar
1 1/2 T corn flour
cold water to dissolve the corn flour.
- Put water, lemon juice and sugar into a saucepan and bring to boil.
- Add 1 T corn flour.
- Mix in cold water.
- Spread on cooked biscuit base.
- Allow this to cool and set in the fridge (20 minutes).
The baking tray is too big for this portion. Use the baking tray for double the recipe.
Custard layer ingredients:
1 1/2 c milk boiled
2 T corn flour
3 T icing sugar
1 T margarine.
- In a saucepan have the boiled milk and add corn flour
- Add icing sugar and margarine.
- When it's creamy pour it over the lemon layer.
- Sprinkle with shredded coconut.
- Allow this to cool and set in the fridge.